Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tea Time

I have t-shirt tan...
The terrace at the back of the Ambassador's place.
And the Garden
Blub
It's sort of opulent, don't you think?


Arrrrrgh, I wrote up my blog for yesterday just now but did something stupid and it got wiped, anyway...


TODAY:
We went to have tea at the Ambassador's residence which was sponsered by St. Anne's Guild in Association with the American Cathedral of Paris or something like that. There were alot of people there, and security took a while to go through. My name was on a guest list, which made me feel rather fancy. There were two women that spoke, a journalist and a writer. The journalist was American and she talked about some of the war zones that she had been in and stuff like that. The other woman was just awarded the Legion of Honor by France for her work freeing slaves in Africa and other countries. Apparently there are more slaves in the world now than there were 200 years ago, makes you think, doesn't it?


After the speakers, there was tea (but more people went for the champagne, I noticed) and it was delicious. They also had little sandwiches and cookies which served as a sort of afternoon snack. The Ambassador and his wife weren't in town, they're probably getting ready for Dubya's visit this weekend. It was still really neat to see the place though, I don't know when the next time I'll get to be in an Ambassador's residence will be, soooo yeah. That was today.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I cannot believe you had tea in the ambassador's palace!!! OMG, soo cool!!! That's totally a once in a lifetime experience!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I guess you're probably too fancy for us country folk now... I'll just go ahead and give your bedroom to the next Rebel that comes in to town. Send us a condescending postcard once in awhile, ok?

Anonymous said...

Oh, btw----you look so pretty and sophisticated in that little cocktail number! Where's MY daughter and what have you done with her?? ;o}

Unknown said...

Pretty and sophisticated - whatch you talkin' bout Willis? The girl looks hot!
Oh, and BTW I got to be the official photographer at the event. And we dubbed ourselves as the Lollipop Guild.

the dude said...

lookin good, hope your having fun, sure as hell looks like you are. I have to admit, i'm jelous. I'm locked down studying anatomy for four weeks and your in paris. anyway, bring me something back that is french, like some fries or something. We'll hold it down in jacktown for you!