Monday, June 23, 2008

Hummus

Luxembourg!
EU flags!
Bald Jokes and Lens Flare!
I don't know what this is, but I'm guessing something to do with theatre!
Pigeons!



Sorry for not posting a blog yesterday. We finished watching season 4 of Lost last night so it was about 2am before I got to sleep. I think I'm a Lost addict now. That show is so frustrating to watch because you always get about 4 times as many questions as answers every episode. And yet, it drags you in relentlessly.


Other than the Lost marathon, all I did yesterday was go to the park. I looked it up on wiki and it turns out that Parc Monceau was used for a while during the time of the Paris Commune, and during the bloody week, they were all slaughtered on its grounds. That was sort of the reason I went to the park yesterday, really. I walked around and tried to imagine what it must have looked like as a battleground, but it's almost impossible. It's just too pretty and vibrant there. Then I ended up getting distracted and taking pictures of fish and pigeons for about half an hour. Yeaahh...


Today I went to pick up Marsh from school. Neither of us really wanted to take the 10 minute walk back to the metro so we took the bus instead and ended up going to Jardin du Luxembourg. It's one of the biggest parks in the city and is crawling with statuary. Luckily the modern sculpture is kept to a minimum there. I took a picture of what's probably the most famous sculpture in the park which is of course the first one. For some reason the French find it fitting to charge you money to let your kid play on a swing set or a jungle gym. But the sandbox was free at least.


We had Lebonese for dinner, which was quite awesome. And last night we went to San Remo again, an Italian restaurant in Paris run by Pakistani chefs. This is such a great city.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Lebonese...what kind of food is that? Pasta? Meat? Vegetables? Fruits?

Anonymous said...

Statuary crawls??? Spooky!
LOVE Jardin d'Luxomburg! Hope you took gobs of photos--oh yeah, DUH! Of course you did!

Hanaconda said...

Lebonese is like regular food. Meat, pita bread, hummus, usually cooked on a skewer. It's very good.