Saturday, June 21, 2008

shuffle

I'm currently in the middle of trying to make some more space on my SD card because today was Fete de la Music. Every summer solstice (the longest day of the year) the city of Paris has a giant music festival. Basically that means that anyone from pop-stars to vagrants are welcome to pull up a street corner and start jamming for the entire day. In fact, as I write this, it's almost 1 am and I can still hear drums coming from Periere. Anyway, since it's hard to capture sounds with images, unless you have synaesthesia or something, I took films of quite a few of the acts that we saw during the day. That said, it's eaten up all the data on my SD card and I don't have much space on my flash drives because I've already stored a boatload of pictures on them already. Oy, at this rate I'll need a new hard drive to store all these pictures when I get home. Which is next week.


On a side note, before the fete, we had lunch at KFC. We were going to go to Mumble Crepe, which has the best Philly Cheese Crepe you'll eat in your life, but it turns out they're Jewish. And it's Saturday. So that didn't work. The chicken at KFC here is... weird. It's much more lightly breaded and the sauce choices were BBQ, Curry, and Sweet and Sour. That was it. And the only side they had was french fries. Something you all should know right now, never get french fries in France. You WILL be disappointed. They just don't know how to fry things here, I guess. Too used to fresh and fancy gourmet food or something.

A clarinet player from one of the bands. He was entertaining, to say the least.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That clarinet player was trying really hard to dance, he was entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Could you tell that lady down fron t ot keep it down? geez! how rude!