Monday, June 2, 2008

Loo

Ok, so for some reason the SD drive isn't working at the moment so pictures will have to wait. Sorry! I got some good pictures today too which is a real shame. I'll see if I can't get them up tomorrow, I'm going on a tour of Montmarte with Karen and Doreen anyway so I'll have even more by then. I went with Richard and Cathy today by the Louvre (not in it yet, I'll have to keep waiting, haha), and not to brag, but I think I did fairly well as a navigator and when necessary a translator of culture. Richard is an anthropology professor so he found a ton of neat primitive art galleries that we went to and looked at. Quite by accident we found the building/hotel that Oscar Wilde died in and I took pictures of that, of course. We had lunch in a nice little bistro and mostly stayed in a bunch of backstreets surrounding the area of the Louvre. That area has to be the Mecca of teeny tiny art galleries. There were, I'm not even exaggerating, at least 6 on every street in some places, probably more, one after the other. It rained a little, but it was alright because we remembered umbrellas today. Should probably take some tommorow anyway...



I really wish it would stop raining here, that's the only complaint I have really. I'm feeling pretty good about using the public transportation system and my Carte Orange makes me feel unstoppable. I can also operate ticket machines in another language! Joy!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oooo, art galleries are just your thing! What is Carte Orange?

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great day. I noticed the french open tennis tournament is going on now in paris. Do you hear anything about it?.Do you look at newspapers or anything like that over there? How is your french doing? Sorry for the rain, but i guess that is the price of spring in paris love dad
************************************
Only you would find accomplishment in the conquering of ticket machine operation! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your pictures--post or e-mail some ASAP! Glad you are feeling emboldened by your Multi-pass, Lilo Dallas, but remember the ways of the NINJA!!!
Just 3 2/3 more days of school for us--whooohooo!! You'll be hearing a lot more from us once we are free.
Love you lots!!

Anne said...

Ha! Ha! I should have known someone (aka your mom) would also think of the movie "The Fifth Element" when you used the phrase multi-pass!!! She beat me to calling you Lilo :)

I miss your pics - I hope you get to put some up soon. Your perspective is excellent!

NO RAIN! NO RAIN!

Anne