Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Picture Dump

This is the ceiling in the Louvre. JUST THE CEILING.
Michaelangelo's 'Dying Slave'... that's all I have to say about that.
That's not a carpet, that's a stone mosaic.
RIDE THE HIPPOCAMPUS YEEHAW!
Port des Lions, the secret entrance.
There's a casting of this same statue in the National Gallery of Art in D.C. It's on top of a water fountain.
Da Vinci. The glass makes it look a little weird. It's either St. Sebastian (in which case I have 5) or Bacchus, or Bacchus as St. Sebastion or something. The placard/name tag thing was in French so I'm not too sure.

Mayan somethingerother.
Egyptian Somethingerother. Stupid reflective/protective glass...



For Jenny, because she wants more Louvre. And because I was transferring pictures to my flash drive since my SD card is almost full (turns out 1gb=apx. 400 pictures) and found out that my Beirut album was still on there so listening to that has put me in a great mood, combined with the awesome of the rest of the day.



OMG IT WORKED, I CAN UPLOAD MORE THAN 5 PICTURES. WINDFALL!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay!! Oh the Louve, so spectacular!

Anne said...

absolutely gorgeouse - I'm more jealous of you than I was before:)

A~