Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another wedding

I've finished inking this, but I think it needs more background.
You know that statue called 'The Thinker'? These are by the same guy, Rodin.
Obelisk, you silly thing, you.
Bonjour Roi Henry IV!
Waterfall with little to no falling water. Wait, what?


AAAH, I'm so ditzy sometimes! Today was Sibylle's wedding and I took pictures, but I forgot to put my SD card back in the camera so those pictures are saved to the camera's memory. Anyway, I didn't really do anything yesterday except for a 5 hour Laundrothon. For some reason it takes 3 hours to wash clothes in the machines here. It was cool though, I drew and listened to my iPod and all sorts of stuff like that. I really wish I had remembered to put Beirut on my 'Pod, though, I keep getting it stuck in my head and want to listen to it.

The pictures are just a mash up of some stuff from the past week mostly, of course. We are definitely going to Montmarte tomorrow though, so I should have some fresh material for you. I know I haven't been too consistent with blogging the past few days, but bear with me, the scheduling for stuff is getting unpredictable occasionally.

Anyway, the wedding. Yes. It was another civil ceremony so it was short and sweet. It was in the town hall of St. Cloud which is a cute little village just outside of Paris. For the reception all the appetizers were served on little Chinese soup spoons and they were all so good. My favorite was this thing that was like a beet mousse or something. It was amazingly tasty. Then we had this great sausage soup thing and I can't even describe how good that was, but then the desserts... why does EVERYTHING in this country have to taste so good? It's just not fair.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Where were you when u saw that waterfall? It looks like you were in a cave! I like the pointy statue, tee hee! Lol!

Hanaconda said...

We were at the Butte park. Butte Champs or something like that maybe? I can't remember the name...

Unknown said...

The park is called Butte Chaumont.