Sunday, June 15, 2008

I went to church with the President

I was in the pew across from him. The security was crazy tight and they had a couple of blocks surrounding the church barricaded to traffic so the only way to get through was by walking. It was eerie just how silent the city was with no traffic and little to no other pedestrians, but certainly swarming with police and guards of various types.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really not a fan of the President, but famous people are famous people. We all had the mutual thought that if it was a President we actually liked we'd have been even more excited than we admittedly were. The Secret Service was EVERYWHERE, as would be expected. And on a side note, the President wears reading glasses. He had them on the whole time except when he knew people were taking pictures of him.

The Bishop and the Archbishop of Congo were there too, but their thunder sort of got stolen, as you can well imagine. In other news, my English skills have greatly suffered as of late. I have to keep double checking my blogs and when I talk I tend to muddle things. My words get all jumbled and such. It's sort of funny, actually.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thats so cool u saw the president, no matter how much everyone dislikes him, lol!

Unknown said...

Yes, we all know he is a blithering idiot when it comes to politics. But Hannah is right - it was the freakin' President of our homeland, good ole US of A. And it was so very exciting to shake his hand and have him congratulate me on my son, Nathan, going through his Rite 13 ceremony. Plus, he was there worshiping not politicing and so was treated as such. Although, I was tempted to wear my Obama button . . .