Friday, June 13, 2008

Cloud Drama

In the back is me and Richard, with Cathy (left) and Doreen (right) in the foreground. Kristen's Aunts and Uncle.
SNAILS NOM NOM NOM
The clouds were perfect for statue pictures today.
Fly horsie!
This... is Cloud Drama


Today was fun. Cathy, Richard and Doreen are going back home tommorow so I hung out with them. We went to the center of the city, which was a bit hectic because Dubya is arriving today and our bus stop was right by the hotel where either he's staying or some of his people might be. Security everywhere, you know. We got lunch at this nice place near the Louvre and I had escargot and onion soup. The escargot was superbe and the soup was good too, I was able to finish most of it, which is impressive for me because I'm not really a fan of onion soup (which is strange because I love onions in any other preperation.)

After lunch we went to the antique mall attached to the Louvre, which is filled with some amazing stuff. There were so many old pocket watches that looked like they were in mint condition and I wanted one so bad, but I think that a 700 Euro Louis XVI era silver pocket watch is a little bit out of my price range. Just a little. I think I'll have to go back and just window shop. It's sort of like the Louvre, except free and with things for sale at insane prices. (20,000Euro rings were not uncommon)

Apres la, we walked back to the bus through the Tuleries where I snapped some more pictures. The clouds were just amazing and perfect for dramatic statue backgrounds. I took a picture of the Eiffel tower, a proper picture I suppose. We ran into another Gypsy in the Tuleries. They're really easy to spot for me now, actually. I can spot 'em comin' from a mile away. I think I might be qualified to write a travel book now. Hmmm.... yes... that could pay for my college tuition, couldn't it? At least for a semester of VCU.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You actually ate snails?! Bleck! Who is Dubya? I liked that pic of u in the mirror, you seem to be the only one smiling lol!

Hanaconda said...

Snails get such a bad rap! They're cooked in butter and herbs and it's pretty much the same as eating squid, but so much tastier because they absorb the flavour of whatever they're cooked in. Dubya is the President of the U.S. :P