Saturday, May 31, 2008

The relatives are here

The Prince Himself.
AAAAHHHHHH
A guard!
Pyramid cake! Now with 100% extra Nile!


Kristen's Aunts and Uncle came today and they seem like pretty chill people. I'm sure that in the future many art museums and the like will be visited. It looks like I'll be going on a tour with Karen soon as well too, which should be educational. Marshall's birthday party was today, albeit a few months late. The kids all seemed to have a lot of fun with the activities which was great, but of course, being young children they have a tendency to run around quite a bit. There is also some strange thing in the Park that says you have to have a permit to set up a table or chairs. CHAIRS. Those kooky French. The cake was home baked and wonderful and everything went well, as I think I've said already. Marshall got quite a nice haul of gifts in between all the games, Hot Scarab, Musical Pyramids, Pin the Snake on the Pharaoh and the like. Being the nerd that I am, I had fun identifying various gods and godesses present in the toys and decorations being handed out.

I'd just like to say, I just now realised that Blogger has a spell check. I wish I had known that two weeks ago...

4 comments:

Anne said...

I love everybody's costumes - waaaaaay cool! The cake also looks extremely yummy :)

Speaking of young kids running around at parties, we just found some pictures of you and Rachel playing with a room full of balloons at her 3rd b'day party (about 8 yrs. ago) - I do remember a lot of running around and screaming that day!

Party on, dudes.

Anne

Jen said...

So why did Marshall want to have an Egyptian birthday party? It looked like it had to be alot of fun and the cake looked delicious!! Thats just like you to name all the gods and goddesses!!!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, Your brother and i just got back from a twenty mile hike with backpacks. I took monday off knowing i will not be able to walk.I need a nap but wanted to say i missed your blogs while we were scouting. Next question is when you say going on tour do you mean to a museum or are you going to be a roady! love you dad

Hanaconda said...

Anne: Aww, I remember those birthday parties, they were great!

Jenny: I don't know why he chose Egyptian, but it did turn out great :)

dad: I mean a museum tour of course, I don't think that I'd make a good roadie, I rather dislike carrying heavy things :P