Sunday, May 25, 2008

So yesterday

My dress for the wedding, with horrible lighting.
Gangsta' Master Chef Ryan talking to the newlyweds.
Me and mah homeboy Maxx keepin' it gangsta, yo.
Bathtub full of Champagne.
Just a few of the dishes that were made TOTALLY BY HAND... and my hand still hurts a little...

The wedding was great. Short and great. We went to the civil ceremony in the Hotel d'ville (town hall) of the 13e arrondissmont. I know I can't write well in French at all... please excuse all my typos in this blog and all the ones proceeding and following it. Anyway, beautiful building and such. The wedding photos were taken at Parc Monceau and then everyone came back to the apartment for the reception. Being the bright, sparkling, social diva that I am, I went back to the kitchen to help Ryan and Maxx out with the food for the whole night. The food went great, everyone loved it and we got standing applause, but then again there weren't that many places to sit. There was a round of people chanting my name for a little while, which was strange seeing as how I was the third in command in the kitchen hierarchy.
Anyway, it was neat watching people. I didn't really know any of them but almost everyone wandered into the kitchen at some point to talk to the cooks. The party consisted of mostly Americans, some French, and a few Brits and Irish. One of the Irish guys had dredlocks which was pretty cool. Mom, dad, I saw Simi at the wedding and the reception, I think that he and one of the British guys were about to crash on my bed but luckily taxis were called and I got my room to myself even if it was at 3 am. It was a fun night. And I only had about half a glass of champagne, so you don't need to bother asking about that now.
Well, that's all that I can think of. Oh! It was also a Jewish reception, they smashed a glass and did the song with the chair thing. I don't know the name of it...but it was neat. Ok, that really is all that I can think of now. Ciao, until tonight when I blog again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!! and so does the food! YUM! Wish we could have been there for all the fun. Now go take a day long nap and get ready for the next big Ketron affair---you know there's bound to be one!
Wub you!

Jen said...

Oh Hannah, your dress was beautiful!! It sounds like you had an awesome time at the wedding, and met so many interesting people!