Thursday, May 22, 2008

I need 4 tomatoes

My room is filled with wine, whatever shall I do?
Hahahah....



I have been very busy today. This morning I started making wedding favors (tieing on ribbons and lables that I had to cut out as well). Then I assisted a FRENCH CHEF OF THE COURDON BLEU in making food for the wedding. Ok, it was just Ryan, the chef/breakdancer/graffiti guy. He's definetly been added to my list of interesting people along with Maxx (yes, 2 x's) who came to help Ryan cook. I spent the majority of the afternoon, pretty much literally, up to my elbows in frois gras. I was using a food syringe to pipe it into candied prunes and apricots. It tastes like fruit and meat butter...
I helped out with quite a bit of the other food items which I can't really remember the names of, much less spell correctly. I had to go get some tomatoes by myself, but the fruit vendor was this nice old man so it was all good.
LIFE LONG TRAVEL TIP: Learn how to say the word 'key' in every language you possibly can. Doors hate me so much....
Hmm... Don't have much else to report on today. Cooking takes alot of time, but I really do enjoy it, well, at least when it means hanging out with cool people while serving as a sous chef. I'm starting to think that most of the Americans in Paris are pretty... interesting. At least all the ones I've met so far are eccentric enough to fit my definition of 'interesting.'
Side note: Every one of those white boxes you see in that first pic is filled with wine or champagne for the wedding. I'm living in a winery storehouse.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I say you should drink all the wine in your room!! Did you get to taste any of the food you made? When is the wedding?

Anonymous said...

I should have known better than to send you to Kristen! Hahaha--sous chef--you've worked yourself into a job when you get home! Meat butter??? oh, how appetizing! (ack!) You'll have to take lots of pics of the wedding as it seems everyone else will be too smashed to do it!!