Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Riz

Statues, again.
It was sunny for about half an hour today!
I know I promised the Arc, but this is the closest you'll get. See it between the trees?

I finished my new headscarf today!


Quick shout out and thanks to all my readers, whoever you may be!


Not too much going on today, But I did take Marshall to the park and while he played with Star Wars action figures I drew some surrounding buildings and attemtped to draw people that didn't move too much. I heard so much English today that I felt like I was in America and for some reason A Random French Person asked me for directions again. Do I really come across as a Parisian Kid or something?
I finished reading House of Leaves today. If you want a book that will mess with your head, it would be hard to find a better one. Especially the Appendices, which I ended up writing notes in the margins of (I apologize now to whoever borrows my copy in the future for ruining any of your own assumptions about characters and/or plot.) I already plan on getting a copy of Danielewski's other book (Only Revolutions, I'm pretty sure is the title), which I've heard is good as well. It's a good thing I got that Barnes & Noble membership... I really do plan on doing alot of reading this summer.
Kristen and I are going back to the fabric district in Montmarte again tommorow to get some cloth for Marshall's birthday costume. I'll see if I can't manage to take some more pictures of Sacre Coeur while I'm there. I feel like I owe you people more well known architecture.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the head scarf! :)

Anonymous said...

I get first dibs on House of Leaves!--footnotes & all! Why do people keep asking you for directions?? They must think you are a park docent or something--you are there ALL the time you know! LOL! Hope you have fun in Monmarte--probably one of my favorite sections of the city--remember the tasty crepes we got there by Sacre Couer? Tres Yummy! M~

glad you got past the park and i hope you continue to take baby steps from the apartment. One day you may actually get into the sunshine away from the shadow of the apartment building-hahaha!
Noah and i are going on a 20 mile hike this weekend and i hope i make it!
love, dad

Jen said...

I've been wondering...what is the time difference in France from U.S.? Like if it's 1 o'clock here, what time is it in France??