Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Coiffure?

This is a SmartCar. Behold it's adorable smallness and teenytinicity.
Japan? In my France? It's more likely than you'd think...
Sepia! This is the entrance to the park.
Black and White! I figured out the fancy settings on my camera.


Went out to the park again today, as you can see. I went there while Kristen was getting her hair done. I also talked to Madame Olivier who lives on the fourth floor of the Family's building. I didn't speak much French and she didn't speak much English, but somehow we managed to talk for a good 10 minutes or so. It was an entertaining random meeting. After I met back up with Kristen, we went to the Monoprix, which is sort of like... I dunno.. French Wal-Mart? It's a (compared to America) smallish department store and we got Nathan some shoes for the First Wedding there. (I'm going to attend and help out with 2 weddings while I'm here, ah, this is Spring.)
After we got home, I helped Marshall with his homework again (yes mom, we've been using the flashcards and letters that you sent). Then we played some more Wii Fit. It sort of makes me want to get a Wii just for that game... I mean, I did Yoga, and it was pretty easy. It measures your center of balance while you do stuff too, that's how you get points with the Yoga at least. Had dinner, I ate delicious European brocolli again. I started reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret to Marshall and he loves it! He wanted me to read 4 chapters but I made him settle for 2 since it was almost his bed time.
I really haven't gotten over my jetlag at all. I can't get to sleep until after midnight and I don't usually wake up until 11:00 or noon. So I usually sleep for around 10-12 hours. This isn't good. I need to figure out the alarm on the clock in this room.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I want a SmartCar! :( What are you doing for the weddings? Are you actually in the wedding? It's so cool that you talked to someone for so long, even with the language barrier. I love reading your blog, it's so exciting hearing about another country!

Anonymous said...

Uh, Hannah?? That's not jetlag--that's your usual sleeping pattern!! Great that you "carried" on a convo w/ the neighbor lady--sure hope you didn't inadvertently promise to give her mange infested cat with one eye his daily suppository! ;o} Glad that Marshie is enjoying Hugo--hope you are too. Have you run your wedding wardrobe choices past Kristen yet? Please do so in case you need to adjust or supplement.
Love you gads & gads!
M~

Hanaconda said...

One wedding I'll probably be helping out with the reception, the other I'll just be attending. I haven't worn my dress for Kristen yet, but I'm planning on wearing the blue one.

Hugo Cabret is a great book.

Anonymous said...

NINJA!!! Don't forget!! Hey--check your g-mail, would you? I don't suppose all of your scores of blog readers tune in to read all of my nagging ;o}. Oh, Obama took Oregon but Hillary swept Kentucky--the tug-o-war rages on...
As far as your jetlag---ask Kristen about melatonin supplements to see if it would help.
M~
I hope you keep getting out and learn all you need to about getting back in the doors. I know those French doors must be tricky. But I have faith you can out smart a door. Have a great day!! dad