Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Park Again

facepalm.jpg
BABY DUCKS
I don't think I've posted a picture of this gate yet... it's so pretty.
And because I'm a Russophile (if that is the correct term, if I said something strange and offensive, my apologies) I had to take a picture of the Russian Embassy that is almost right next to the park.


I should probably just take up residence in Parc Monceau at this rate. Srsly. I could be the duck keeper!


Anyway, today was busy. I woke up at a decent hour, and went to lunch with Kristen and a friend of hers from New York (I think) named Ruby. I've met quite a few people today acutally. I also met Karen and Fred, the soon-to-be-married couple. I met Ryan, the Courdon Bleu chef turned breakdancer, turned grafitti artist, who will be cooking dinner for the wedding. And I've met several other people who's names I cannot, at the moment, recall. There will be mushrooms and they will be wonderful, I'm sure.
I went to the park with Marshall, obviously, and we played Spy for a while. I had a woman ask me for... I think it was directions, I don't really have any idea for sure, but I told her "Je suis American" and, disappointed I think, she went off. I had my map with me at the time... I really should try harder if it happens again I guess. I take my map almost everywhere after all. According to Wii fit I've lost almost a Kilo since Friday! I'm really wanting a Wii now. Yoga is fun, and the digital British man that leads the examples has a rather soothing manner to him. That sounds so strange...
Well. I'm tired. I'll go check my other internet accounts, bathe, and then sleep. Possibly in that order, maybe not.
Oh! Quick side note... Alot of the grafitti in the park, all of it actually, was covered with brown paper or something today. I guess that they're going to clean the stonework or something soon. I hope so, there are some statues that I haven't taken pictures of yet because of the vandalism, but I'm sure they'll be gorgeous once they get refinished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that pic of Marshall-especially the "oy vey!" reaction of the lady statue--too cute! Sounds like you've been busy--good! It keeps you from starting an international incident on the streets of Paris!! Sent your blog link to Mrs. Lam--she was so excited for you!! G'night Pussy Cat! will call you this weekend! Smoochies!

Jen said...

That park is really beautiful! Thats great that you've met so many people, maybe you will make a new friend sometime soon! (Maybe even lead to a summer romance!:-o)

Anonymous said...

eeewwww!! Jenny!!!