Sunday, May 18, 2008

Now with photography!

Kristen and I on the metro coming back from the Airport.
This is the view from my balcony, looking west.
Nathan with Marshall (aka Snaggletooth) in a headlock.
Yeah... Told you so.

The family got back from cubscout camping today and we went to the flea market on Rue Courcelles. It was amazing! I ended up getting a Soviet Russia pin from a stall that was selling a ton of, I would have to say authentic, USSR memorabilia. I've also never seen so many diving helmets in my life. Like, the metal and glass victorian type. Diving helmets. Kristen said that every weekend there is the world's biggest flea market in the 16th Arrondisment (I think that was it) so we'll probably end up checking that out when her aunts and uncles come to visit in a few weeks.


Well, Blogger is being silly so I'll write some more while the pictures upload again. After we checked out the flea market we went to this Italian place called San Remo (I have the business cards, probably gonna make a scrapbook when I get home or something.) Instead of water they give you teeny tiny wine glasses before you order. It was a sweet white wine with a slight blush. I liked it. I got the spaghetti carbonara since I know what that is, but this is still France so it was served with a raw egg on top. Still probably the best carbonara I've ever had. Maybe it was the raw egg...

5 comments:

Catherine Jones McClarin said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures - or misadventures!!! I'm just getting started blogging and have looked at literally hundreds of blogs! You write well and clearly have a great heart!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you have pics up now! The pic of the boys is cute, lol! Is that a real life Furry?! :-O
Russian memoribilia sounds cool, you should buy more!

Anonymous said...

Pics are great! Dad wants to know how much of your 10 euros you have left after buying Soviet contraband?? and I want to know what you're gonna buy me at the flea market?? (hint, hint, I haven't gotten a new charm in about a year...). Glad to see you're doing well. Keep the pics coming and give the Fab Fam smoochies!
M~

Hanaconda said...

Mom and Dad: I still have my 10 Euros intact, I'm going to pay Kristen back with my own money once I get some from the bank. I'll check out the flea markets for charms, too.

Jenny: Did you watch the youtube link in my last blog?! The French are crazy! XD

Sophia: Oh wow! My first random reader! Thanks for the compliments.

Jen said...

I did watch the youtube link, it creeped me out beyond belief!! The french are crazy!!