Monday, May 26, 2008

Monoprix!

I love this statue too much. It's dedicated to Chopin. I guess the artist wasn't a fan of his music...

We did so much shopping today. My card won't work over here apparently so I'm at the moment in Kristen's debt about 20 Euros. I caved and bought art supplies. I got a canvas brush holder thingy and some cheapy cheap watercolours. Ok so first we went grocery shopping at the Monoprix, which, as I think I've mentioned before is sort of like... French Wal-Mart, but more good quality groceries and less poor quality goods made in China by 5 year olds in sweat shops. Anyway, after that we came back to the apartment and sorted out Karen's wedding gifts with her sister, who was kind enough to treat Kristen and I to crepes at this cute place nearby called Mumble Crepe. I had a Philly Cheese crepe. I'm not even kidding, it has to be one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten in my life. I would kill a man right now if it ment I could have one this very moment. Well, that's a slight exaggeration, but I would certainly maim someone... it was so good.
After that we tried no less than 4 different banks to get me some Euros, which didn't work. At all. And they had English settings so I can't blame language barrier on that one. It should be taken care of soon, hopefully.
Alright, after delicious crepe lunch we had to get a part for the vacuum and we went to Darty wich is sort of like French Circuit City, but with blenders downstairs. Kristen also got an iPod dock for Marshall's birthday party so we can play Walk Like an Egyptian in the park (Egypt being the theme for the party and all.) That was also when I got my cheap art stuff. I'm frugal, but when I see art supplies... I impulse buy sometimes. Bad Habit or Good Habit, you decide.
Kristen's aunts and uncle are going to come visit for two weeks starting next weekend, so we'll probably be doing the whole tourist-y thing then. You can expect many photos of things that have had their pictures taken more times than is calculable. I wish it would not rain as often as it has been lately. Silly weather. Silly, silly weather.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Are you going to paint things that you see in France? If you do you should take a pic of the painting and post it!