Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Parrrrty

The French are so....
Not politcally correct...


Had to go to Darty again today to get another part for the vacuum. Kristen has bad luck getting stuck in slow lines behind little old ladies. After that, we went on a hunt for a party supplies store for Marshall's birthday party on Saturday. (The Egyptian Costumes finally got here, OH MY, it's too funny, I'll make sure to take pictures at the party when the Family is wearing them.) Anyway, after searching through some back streets we finally found the place, Tutt Fiesta or something like that. It was surprisingly hard to find good stuff for the party but we did get a pharaoh mask for me and some treats for goody bags for the kids and that sort of thing. Oh! I forgot to take a picture of the paint pens, it's fun to read some of the Engrish over here. Well, we did buy the pens so it's all good. I'll take a picture of those tommorow. It seems that all the cheapo party supplies in France is made in Italy. Who knew?
I think, plans pending of course, that I might trek down to the Arc de Triumph tommorow. I checked a map and it's only a few blocks away and the path is pretty direct so I don't think there's any danger of me getting lost. The streets here are so crazy though that you can't see it unless you happen to be standing almost right next to it. Really, look at a street map of Paris some time and you'll see what I mean.
Interesting tidbit... it looks like I'll be going to have tea at the Ambassador's Residence with Kristen in a few weeks. How freakin' crazy is that?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Is an ambassador like a president?

Anne said...

Yay! Stooooopid blogger is finally recognizing me and my password!!!

Anyway, HI Hannah! Your mom sent me the link to your blog before you left, and Rachel and I have been totally loving reading your posts. I've been trying to comment as well as read, but like I said above, stooopid blogger wouldn't recognize me 'til now.

It sounds like you're having an awesome time! You write beautifully - easy to read, interesting and funny! Not to mention that you sound like a 30 yr. old, but I've thought you talked like a 30 yr. old since you were about 4 yr. old. Ever since I spent the day with you while Noah was being born, and you explained, in explicit detail, how your belly button used to be an umbilical cord (and what it was for :)

Enough of my rambling, enjoy yourself - say HI to Kristen for me (hopefully she'll remember me too :)

Keep up the blogging, baby!

Love,
Anne
(and Mitch and Rachel and Michael)